I’m excited to share with you my recent adventure: creating a newsletter! I’ve always been inspired by various authors I admire, like the incredible Gaia Passarelli, who writes my favourite newsletter (in Portuguese). So I decided to finally embark on this journey of sharing that I find so personal – writing and reaching people’s email inboxes.
To start this newsletter, I opted for Substack, since many of the authors I admire also use it as a platform, like “Tá todo mundo tentando“, by Gaia Passarelli, and “Mental Hellth“, by P.E. Moskowitz. In this new endeavour, I decided that my newsletter will be biweekly, so I can take it slow and test the waters before diving in headfirst.
My first impressions of Substack:
- At first, I admit that navigating the platform was a bit complicated, but I soon discovered that it’s really easy to use. Writing and formatting the newsletter there is a relatively easy process.
- I realised that many people have migrated to Substack, including much of the blogging community. There’s something really interesting happening there – it’s not just another place to use to send an email!
- Plus, it’s free and allows me to take my contacts with me.
- I love the functionality of saving my newsletters as blog posts, which expands the reach and life of the content.
- The platform offers additional features, such as “notes” (a kind of internal Twitter), podcasts, and even the option to narrate newsletters. Pretty cool, right?
When inspiration strikes… My Newsletter
My newsletter is a bilingual project, with When Inspiration Hits… and Quando a Inspiração bate… where I share with you my creative endeavours and everything I learn along the way. I cover various topics, from writing, literature, and social media to artificial intelligence, creativity, self-publishing, culture, and much more. The idea is that we can be creative together and create a community of exchange of ideas and inspirations.
The first issues have already been published, and I’m very excited to continue this journey. I thank everyone following me and invite those not yet on board to join me on this journey of discovery and creativity.
If you’re not yet subscribed to my newsletter, don’t waste any more time and come join this group of writing, creativity, and learning enthusiasts. Let’s explore together the potential of Substack and take advantage of this powerful platform to connect with each other in a deeper and more meaningful way.
I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about my journey with Substack and my first newsletter. Stay tuned, as there’s still a lot more amazing content coming your way!
Until next time,